Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spring Bringer

HAPPY MARCH!

I have taken a bit of a break from blogging, but not from creating. Over the next couple weeks, I will have some new projects to share with you. 

Today, I am sharing a project I made for Designed to Color. They are having a Birthday Bash this weekend, and I am joining their challenges. 

The first challenge is Tic, Tac, Toe...



I chose the first column, Purple, Ribbon and Bling. Here is my card...


Distress Ink
Paper by K&Co
Butterfly embellishment from Joann
 Patina paint


***

I have recently discovered Patina paints for use on metal. I am in love! The butterfly is a brass embellishment that is colored with Patina paints. Oh boy, a new toy!


***


I am also entering this card in the CLP challenge using their sketch...


...and the following challenges...
 7 Kids College Fund Challenge - Anything Goes!
Whimsy Challenge - Add Metal
Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!


7 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Very pretty, I love how you have coloured your image. Love your pretty details too

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Julie this is a card with the WOW factor, there is both wonderful colour and so much beauty to see, this makes you feel full of joy, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

theCook said...

Beautiful! Love that image and the brass butterfly is just perfect!

Rosie said...

Ooooh Julie, this is spectacular!! Thank you so much for entering the www.7kidscollegefund.com Challenge! The Design Team appreciates the time you invested in your project and for joining our challenge. Hugs, Rosie

Sparkly Engineer said...

The coloring on this is beautiful as is the card. I love all the details

Franz♥ said...

What a lovely card Julie! Love the Spring and soft colours very much!

Thanks for joining us at CLP this month :)

Hugs, Franz.

Chelsea said...

Hi Julie, your card is so beautiful! Love the image and all your embellishments. Great take on the CLP Sketch, thanks so much for joining us.

with Love.